World Buckfast Day 4 Course Feast! Starter: Buckie Mustard, Bacon and Black Pudding Salad
· 2 tablespoons Rapeseed Oil
· 175g Black Pudding (4 slices of Herterich's)
· 3 - 4 slices Smoked Streaky Bacon
· 175g Mixed Salad Leaves
· 1 ripe Avocado
· 1 teaspoon Clear Honey
· 1 teaspoon The Lodge Barna Buckie Mustard
· 2 teaspoons White Wine Vinegar
· Sea Salt/Black Pepper
· Crusty bread to serve.
1. Heat pan and add 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil, add the black pudding and when cooked keep warm.
2. Add diced bacon to the pan and cook until golden brown.
3. Stone, half and peel the avocado and add to the salad leaves in a large bowl.
4. Remove bacon from the pan and deglaze with the vinegar.
5. Stir in The Lodge Barna Buckie Mustard and clear honey. Add in the rest of the rapeseed oil and whisk until you get a nice emulsion.
6. Break the black pudding into small pieces, add to the cooked bacon and scatter over the salad.
7. Drizzle the dressing from the pan over the salad and toss lightly.
8. Arrange on individual plates and serve with crusty bread.